I began by stripping the wood. It started as a blonde tone, which seemed to show every mark. I wanted to give the wood a warmer, richer tone.Once the chair was stripped, I stained it with a Walnut shade of Danish Oil, that I wiped on in several coats.
Again, I kept the batting from the chair and used the old material as guide when cutting the new material.
I then stapled the new material onto the front, back and seat of the chair, making sure I pulled it as taut as I could.
I sewed the piping and then connect it to the cushion covers. Again, just let me say, I am no sewing guru. It took a day to get this cushion done. I had to split the seem a time or two, because I went off track, or dropped on of the layers as I went. Sewing is rewarding, but difficult to say the least. You just have to persevere. It does get easier. Plus, the result is an awesome piece of furniture.
The fabric is fantastic! You may not think it, but cotton velvet is perfect for homes with kids and pets, like mine.
I have this piece listed for $300.